What can I do if my estate agent acted unprofessionally?

South Africa's #1 independent property portal

Complaints against estate agents may be lodged with the Estate Agency Affairs Board. For example, when the estate agent listed the seller’s property at a different price than agreed upon.

The Estate Agency Affairs Board will conduct an investigation and may conduct a hearing. If found guilty, the estate agent may be fined, reprimanded, or his/her fidelity fund certificate may be withdrawn. An estate agent without a fidelity fund certificate is not entitled to payment of commission.

The contact details of the Estate Agency Affairs Board are: