What Compliance Certificates do I need?

Kruger Attorneys & Conveyancers Inc
Kruger Attorneys & Conveyancers Inc is a specialised conveyancing practice, providing incomparable property law services through practical wisdom and trusted advice.

Compliance certificates to be obtained by a seller of immovable property include:

Electrical Compliance Certificate – An electrical certificate is valid for 2 years and must be obtained where ownership changes.

Electrical Fence Certificate – Must be obtained when there is a change in ownership of a property or if there was an alteration done to the fence.

Entomologist Certificate – Only applicable in coastal provinces to ensure that the property is free from wood-destroying insects.

Plumbing Installation Certificate – Only applicable in the Western Cape to ensure that the installation is in line with the plumbing regulations.

Gas Conformity Certificate of Compliance - Must be obtained if there are any gas appliances installed on the property

Morne Sauer from Kruger Attorneys & Conveyancers Inc