What documents should I keep after the property registers in my name?

Kruger Attorneys & Conveyancers Inc
Kruger Attorneys & Conveyancers Inc is a specialised conveyancing practice, providing incomparable property law services through practical wisdom and trusted advice.

One does not know what the future entails and should you sell your property in the future it is recommended to keep the following documentation in a file for such an event.

  • Your title deed from the conveyancer - if your property is bonded, the bank will keep the original and a copy should be sent to you by the conveyancer.
  • The signed agreement of sale and annexures and the conveyancer’s final statement of account.
  • The compliance certificates that were issued when you bought the property.
  • Any plans, certifications or guarantees for workmanship.