After more than 35-years in private ownership, this ± 1000Ha jewel of the Waterberg located between Vaalwater & Lephalale (Ellisras) is unmistakably one of the most beautiful settings you will ever get to see and experience.
Properties like these are seldom seen in the market so this opportunity is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to secure ownership of a portion of true Waterberg pride. No doubt a paradise for bird and nature lovers, far away from the hustle & bustle of day-to-day city-life.
Rich in historical value as reflected in well-documented rock-paintings as well as other landmarks found here but it is the vast splendour and natural beauty of the immediate surroundings that will leave you totally mesmerized here.
Gigantic cliffs and impressive rock formations in conjunction with crystal clear waterfalls, mountain streams and dams producing scenes & settings similar to those experienced in fairy-tales, the true beauty thereof almost impossible to capture & reflect within a summary of words and pictures as we are trying to do here.
Your title deed secure ownership of the following:
- Private and full title ownership of an 989Ha game farm with traversing rights and full use onto an additional 4000Ha, registered as a Private Nature Reserve, resulting in 5000Ha in total.
- Being a proclaimed Nature Reserve, it means this farm is exempt of any mining rights, land claims and even rates & taxes payable – not often found and hard to come by, so a true gem for sure.
- Monthly levies shared amongst 5 x shareholders of the 5000Ha reserve ensure maintenance tasks such as roads, fences, etc. as well as staff salaries are all taken care of at a fraction of the cost when compared to sole ownership of a farm of this magnitude.
Infrastructure is neat and well-kept, including the following:
MAIN HOUSE: (Private, located on the 989Ha within the 5000Ha Nature Reserve)
- Perched high on the mountains, overlooking beautiful cliffs and valleys down below
- Open plan lounge, dining room area with built-in fireplace
- Open plan kitchen with scullery, pantry and courtyard
- Covered patio with built-in braai (French doors opening up to spectacular views)
- Main bedroom with full en-suite bathrooms (separate his / hers bathrooms with outside shower)
- Studio / art room (could be 2nd bedroom)
- Study / office (could be 3rd bedroom)
- Guest toilet
- Storeroom / filing room
- Centralised evaporative-type cooling system throughout the house
- Wired sound / speakers throughout the house
- Covered carport for 3 x vehicles
- Battery room / storeroom
- Completely off the grid with solar powered electrical installation (dual system with slave / master configuration for complete peace of mind)
PRIVATE GUEST CHALET: (next to main house)
- Open plan lounge / kitchen area
- 2 x Bedrooms, each with private en-suite bathroom
- Private braai lapa and tea garden
- Natural rock pool overlooking gorge
- Small wooden deck / walkway
BIRD-WATCHER’S COTTAGES (Private, located on the 989Ha within the 5000Ha Nature Reserve)
Birdlife is prolific with more than 200 x species recorded
- Thatched-roof building with covered patio, 2 x bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, kitchen & dining area
- Private braai area
- Kitchen and 2 x bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Large outdoor lapa / braai area with undercover dining or entertainment area
GUEST LODGE: (Communal, located within the 5000Ha Nature Reserve)
- 2 x Lounges
- 2 x Kitchens
- 7 x Bedrooms
- 3 x Bathrooms
- Fully equipped braai lapa
- Covered parking and fenced-off garden
ADDITIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE: (within the 5000Ha private nature reserve)
- Completely game fenced
- Manager’s office and house
- Storerooms, workshops and communal laundry area
- Slaughter facility with butchery and cold room
- Fully equipped picnic area
- 2 x Rustic bush camps
- Swimming pool with changerooms
- Comprehensive staff quarters
- Research facility / student accommodation camp as per agreement with University of Wisconsin (in conjunction with Gauteng based University)
A wide variety of game that roams freely on the 5000Ha Nature Reserve, with estimated no’s as follows:
- 15 x Giraffe
- 80 x Zebra
- 20 x Sable
- 150 x Kudu
- 130 x Impala
- 24 x Blue wildebeest
- 7 x Eland
- 18 x Waterbuck
- 20 x Mountain reedbuck
- 12 x Bushbuck
- 40 x Klipspringer
- Various other small game such as warthog, bush-pig, duiker, etc.
The 5000Ha reserve is blessed with an abundance of streams, dams and rivers with the following additional infrastructure:
- 14 x Waterholes
- 3 x Dams
- 11 x Boreholes (fully equipped)
There is 1 x title deed that is registered in a company name.