Now this is your chance to be completely self reliant with your own water, food, peace - and the opportunity to expand this beautiful estate into your own executive business! The unique zoning of Welbedacht allows considerable potential. IDEAL FOR GUESTS AND TOURIST OPPORTUNITIES! EXPAND with BOUTIQUE HOTEL/S for overseas guests & tourists to venture to all surrounding Cape Town tourist attractions & wine farms!
1. Main Residence (±4380m²/4100ft) 3 Bedrooms – main with en-suite, Attic used as a gym/Office, 2.5 Bathrooms, Kitchen & Scullery, 2 Garages, Open plan Lounge & Dining room with fireplace, Large stonewall enclosed gardens, Hothouse with veggies & herbs.
2. Office Building: Spacious Office & Toilet plus 2 Bedrooms with en-suite for guest accommodation.
3. Retreat Centre (±4350m²) Used for Weddings/Retreats/Family Reunions/Small Conferences/Tours. A large conference space extend into large covered porch and beautiful garden area. Extra’s: Fireplace, Large Kitchen (seat 18), 2 loft bedrooms (sleeps 8) with 2 en-suite bathrooms, 5 Freestanding cabins (en-suite).
4. Reserve Chalets
X3 2 Bedroom Self-catering chalets with Lounge & open Kitchen, Fireplace, 1 Bathroom and Covered porch with plunge-pool.
X3 1 Bedroom self-catering chalets with Lounge & open Kitchen, Fireplace, 1 Bathroom and Covered porch with plunge-pool.
5. Laundry & Utility building (±40m²/436ft)
6. Storage & utility shed (±150m²/1,635ft)
7. X3 Stables
WATER RIGHTS: Approximately 140 000m3 water is registered on Welbedacht.
1. DAMS: X2 Capacity of ±15 000m3 each
2. STREAMS: 1 perennial – even in the most recent drought still produced 20 – 25 000 litres of water per day. 1 x Seasonal.
3. WATER WELL: Hand-dug - seasonal
WATER SUPPLY: The farm has ample supply year round of drinking water available from two perennial streams.
A 3rd spring is used for irrigation (140 000 cubic metres of registered irrigation water – some of which is stored in 2 dams).
DRINK WATER: 1. Directly fed from perennial springs.
IRRIGATION: Water supply from 2 storage dams.
BOREHOLE: Not in operation.
FENCING: Property completely enclosed with 7+ km of 1.8 game fencing, access controlled with electric gates.
POWER SUPPLY: 1 X 50 KVA ESKOM point & 1 x 25 KVA ESKOM point.
GAME: Zebra, Black Wildebeest, Springbok.
OTHER GAME: Cape Mountain Leopard, Duiker, Grey buck, Mongoose (giant & dwarf), Genet, Baboon, Caracal, Polecat, Wildcat, Porcupine, Tortoise etc.
ANIMALS: 8 Horses (retired)
BIRDLIFE: Very High in quantity & variety
1. 34.0895 Hectares (84Acres) falls under “Private Land” and zoned under Agriculture (1) of which currently:
2. Approx 2 Hectares (5 Acres) occupies residence(s) and work-areas;
3. Approx 9 Hectares (22Acres) occupies a pear orchard (fully irrigated).
4. Approx 20 Hectares (54 Acres) are open to / joined with the reserve for use by free-roaming grazing animals.
5. 119.6377 Hectares (296 Acres) are Nature Reserve. Rights to access Reserve by prior consent from Owner only.
1. Retreat Centre, & guest accommodation
2. Tours and Corporate Activities
3. Game & game breeding
RESIDENT STAFF: None (All staff reside in town and commute)
The declared nature reserve’s status is in co-operation with Cape Nature’s Stewardship program due to its unique location – bordering the Great Winterhoek Wilderness area. It has a high amount of red-listed (endangered) wild-flowers and intense bio diverse vegetation ranging from Aluvium fynbosch found in the seasonal wet-lands, to Renosterveld to Mountain fynbosch.
TULBAGH WINE ROUTE:
The importance of this industry for the vicinity is substantial, so much so that many of the producers are now part of the Tulbagh Wine Route and this is attracting increasing numbers of tourists to Tulbagh.
EDUCATION: Rijk Tulbagh Private school, 8 km from us (1.5 km out of Tulbagh)
TULBAGH EVENTS: Tulbagh hosts various events every year. In June, the village Christmas in Winter; in September the Tulbagh Spring Arts Festival showcases a variety of visual and performing arts; and the valley proudly displays two of its most prized assets during the annual Tulbagh Horse & Wildflower Show. Tulbagh has also previously hosted the Absa Cape Epic mountain bike stage race.
Welbedacht Game and Nature Reserve is located only 9 km out of the historical Tulbagh, 100 km from Cape Town International Airport and 120 km from Cape Town’s CBD.
Some of the private areas have forests of tall Oak, Pine, Acacia & Eucalyptus which provide a haven for a large variety of birdlife. The reserve would also be optimum for specialized game breeding – each of these activities complimenting the other.
The Estate is sold as a going concern with all furniture and fittings.
You are welcome to contact me regarding this gem!