The sawmill was founded in 1991. After 27 years of trading it has established a formative goodwill with it’s :
- Employees, and
All three have core elements of established bonds which have existed over long years and have developed a formative bio economic model in the area of Franklin.
The business of Franklin Sawmill consists of:
- A saw mill operation producing pallet
material and wet off saw structural
- Inbound and outbound logistics
including the associated fleet of
- Manufacture of timber products, mainly
for use in the building of houses and
industrial use such as pallets;
- All associated plant and equipment;
- On-site maintenance workshop and
extensive spares shop;
- A directly employed labour force of
over 240 employees;
- An indirect labour force of 350 –
employed by contractors who fell the
The sale consists of the following:
- Moveable assets of Franklin Farming CC
trading as Franklin Saw Mill,
Working capital at date of sale R17,500,000-00
- Franklin farm measuring 7,9404 hectares
- Timber farm measuring 568,4736
hectares - this is a 300 hectare
permitted timber farm.
These amounts are Exclusive of VAT.
The Saw Mill figures allow for a projected healthy rate of return of 21%.
Call for a viewing and possibility to develop this enormous opportunity.