Pam Golding Properties’ Swaziland Franchisee - finalist in Awards

Busie Zwane, franchise owner of Pam Golding Properties in Swaziland, is one of the finalists of the country’s 2012 Business Woman of the Year Awards (BMWA). The winner of these awards will be announced at the Royal Swazi Sun Convention Centre on September 26, 2012.


The aim of the BWYA is to recognise and honour the achievements of women business leaders in Swaziland, and in so doing, help foster the creation of women role models, as well contribute to the next generation of women business leaders.

Zwane, who originally joined Pam Golding Properties in 2002 as a real estate agent, is a well established and respected business executive, being MD of the Mpentjisi Group of companies which includes a construction company, among other businesses. She is a board member for Save the Children Swaziland, which helps orphaned and vulnerable children, among her aims is to not only contribute towards growing the local economy but also to be involved in social upliftment projects.

Commenting on the property market in Swaziland Zwane says with the current global economic scenario, the Swaziland property market is still muted. “For an astute investor, this is an opportune time to acquire property as it is currently a buyer’s market. Swaziland remains the undiscovered economic hub of Africa, and its position between the major ports, Mozambique and South Africa makes Swaziland an ideal site for investment.

“Ezulwini, which is small town in the Ezulwini Valley, is upmarket as it is a tourism hub, and this is where most developments are taking place. The prices for vacant stands in Ezulwini are approximately E350 per square metre (E = Emalangeni). Although there is an economic crunch, the property prices in Swaziland are not reducing. This is due to the fact that only 30 percent of the land in Swaziland is title deed land, with the remaining 70 percent being national land which is owned by the King in trust for the people of Swaziland.

“Because of the scenic, tranquil views in Swaziland, there are a number of foreigners buying retirement homes here - mostly in Nkonyeni Golf Estate - the only golf estate in the country,” she says.

Zwane says vacant residential plots in Swaziland generally sell between E300 and E500 per square metre, with entry level houses selling for E750 and top end homes selling for E2 million. The economic pressure is resulting in a high demand for homes to rent. A good investment property at present is a 600ha farm just 10minute’s drive from Manzini, priced at E3.5 million. In regard to commercial property, vacant stands in Manzini city centre are selling for E850 per square metre.
Loading comments
More Featured Professional articles
Featured Professional
Delving into the dearth of female executives in real estate
20 Nov 2018
In many regards, the real estate industry is still a bastion of male domination; a field in which women remain under-represented at a senior level and are far less likely to attain executive positions - despite the fact that at least half the estate agents out there are women.
read more
Featured Professional
Pam Golding Properties agents take on the mantle of company founder – ‘I am Pam’, they declare
14 Jun 2016
Forty years after launching Pam Golding Properties, founder and life president Pam Golding is passing on her legacy to those at the forefront of the business – the agents themselves.
read more