South Africans who have recently purchased property at the Villas Valriche IRS development in Domaine de Bel Ombre on the South West Coast of Mauritius will be pleased to know that the construction contract has been awarded to China Jiangsu, a trans-national construction company with a multi-billion Rand turnover based in Nanjing, China. Apart from having constructed a number of internationally branded 5-star hotels, the company has also operated extensively in Mauritius, involving the construction of the new Emtel (the leading cellular network) office block, the Les Halles shopping centre, a new hotel in Balaclava and Phase 2 of Cyber City. China Jiangsu has worked in over 40 countries and regions in the Middle East, East Africa, South Asia, North America and the Caribbean area.
Due to the fact that construction is booming in South Africa at the moment in preparation for the FIFA 2010 Soccer World Cup, the South African construction companies who were originally approached for tender had to decline the opportunity to work on the Villas Valriche development. This is the main reason behind international companies being approached to tender for this business. China Jiangsu has been appointed for the construction of the infrastructure and Phase one of the villas. Work commenced during October 2007 and the contract is expected run until the end of 2009, depending upon the sales progress of Phase one at Villas Valriche.
The contract for works awarded to date is valued at approximately US $65 million. “China Jiangsu was selected due to the company’s excellent track record and its ability to provide the necessary skilled labour requirements to complete the infrastructure and villa works for Phase one to an excellent level of finish” comments Ian Todd, a director of Les Villas de Bel Ombre Ltee, the principal development company. “The programme and completion dates offered were also very attractive”.
Villas Valriche is a luxury residential estate that is being developed in partnership with the South African based Secondlifestyle Group. The estate comprises of 288 freehold Mauritian plantation-style villas, set on a hillside in over 200 hectares of flourishing grounds (inclusive of golf course) with spectacular views of the Indian Ocean. With the Peter Matkovich designed, 18-hole par 72 Championship golf course and a variety of other facilities (beach club, sports centre and spa), Villas Valriche offers residents a life of relaxation, security and peace. The estate, formerly a sugar cane plantation, is only a 45 minute drive from the airport.
* Please note that the contracts for the plumbing installations (public health), electrical, air conditioning and ventilation as well as pool equipment with the various contractors all fall in line with the China Jiangsu programme.
* For further information please visit the website www.villasvalriche.com <http://www.villasvalriche.com/> .
* The sales office for the Villas Valriche Estate can be contacted on +230 623 5620 or 011 807 3748.
* The address for the sales office is: Villas Valriche, 2nd Floor Le Chateau, Coastal Road, Bel Ombre, and Mauritius.
* Pricing for the Villas within Valriche Estate start as follows:
- Two Bedrooms = From US$800 000
- Three Bedrooms = From US$900 000
- Four Bedrooms = From US$1 200 000
* Phase One infrastructure should commence in October 2007 and will take about a year to complete.
* Construction of the first Villas should commence in February 2008 and the entire 130 villas in Phase 1 should be completed mid-to-end 2009.
* During this time, infrastructure in phase 2 will overlap phase 1 and all construction including Villas should be complete by late 2010 to mid 2011.
* Should you wish to interview a Villas Valriche spokesperson, please contact RedCube Agency.