Almost overnight agents suddenly found themselves working remotely and with the lockdown now is the time to find new ways to continue to work.
Here are a few tips:
• Alternative communication - Use zoom/facetime/whatsapp video or Microsoft teams call. We are fortunate to be living in an age of digital technology which enables us to effectively replace face to face communication if necessary.
• Digitise - There are now many apps for digital signatures which allow you to sign legal documents remotely. But it’s best to use trusted software providers as they add an additional level of security by providing authentication and audit logs, among other features. The most popular are: PanaDoc, DocuSign, Adobe Sign and HelloSign.
• Virtual Tours - If you have listings with virtual tours now is the time to market them more aggressively. If the listing is advertised on MyProperty you can easily promote it directly from the link on the listing page.
• Virtual Viewings - There is no need to stop showing your house during the lockdown - with the help of technology you can virtually show the property along with the home owner. Arrange for a set time and use Skype, Microsoft Teams, Zoom or even Whatsapp video call with qualified buyers to join you and the owner for a virtual walk-through. Just make sure that the owner will be able to have the kids and pets preoccupied and that the home will be neat to ensure that the house will be shown at its best.
• Update and refresh - Now more than ever people will rely on your photos and description to decide whether they should put your listing on their must-see properties for when the lockdown ends. Make sure your listings have good descriptions with all the necessary information.
• Streamline your website - Make sure people can find you online no matter what device they are browsing on - we are predicting a massive increase in traffic from mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones so having a responsive website will greatly benefit you. You can find out about discounted websites from South Africa's leading real estate tech company, Entegral Technologies here where it is business as usual during these unusual times